1. mtDNA assembly tool
• mtDNA assembly tool enables to reconstruct the expected mtDNA sequence from several fragment sequences
obtained from multiple amplification reactions.
• In particular, this tool is usefull when range of the sequences is included in control region of mtDNA.
• Even if the sequences are inverted [ex) ATG to CAT], it is no problem to run this tool.
2. Input format
• mtDNA assembly tool supports only FASTA sequence format.
• FASTA format contains a single header line providing the sequence name, and optionally a description, followed by lines of sequence data.
• Sequences in FASTA format are preceded by a line starting with a ">" symbol.
• The first word on this line is the name of the sequence. The rest of the line is a description of the sequence.
• The remaining lines contain the sequence itself.
• Gaps(-), spaces, numbers, tabs, and returns can be included in the sequence as well, without any problems to run this tool.
Example sequence in FASTA format